[OSList] What is y/our biggest vision for OST ?

Marai Kiele genuine-contact at joyful-together.com
Thu Mar 1 16:22:02 PST 2018

Thank you all for the vivid responses!

Tom, I have a big YES for what you described:

„…we conduct a number of experiments on ourselves about mixing and matching form, cross pollinating ideas form the various forms of self organizing gathering and working.  And do a bunch of reflecting and considering about what OST V2.0 might be? It may be that we have found the perfect product in OST V1.0  But it might be that through the gathering of all of the groups to conduct these kinds of experiments and reflections we find some other options that might be good in certain situations.  Or something else.“

	*

What I am mostly interested in is open space. Whenever Open Space Technology serves that, I am in.
As with the Genuine Contact Program: I am dedicated to genuine contact. Whenever I come across something else that serves that intention, I embrace it.

2003 I began sharing my main OST learnings with my closest friends, and suggested little things like:
„Please never go out to the movies with me just because we said so. You can apply the law of two feet and cancel last minute. With me, always stay true to what you really want.“
That was friendship 2.0 :-)

After having fallen in love with OST I knew: I don’t see this as just a meeting methodology. I want this to become my way of living!
But… I also knew it would be tough for me. My need to control was strong: To control when things started or ended - who came and who didn’t - what we would talk about - where it took place…
Becoming an OST and GC facilitator turned into a spiritual journey, as I didn’t want to just „do“ OST but „embody“ OST.

Part of MY biggest vision for OST is millions or billions of people embracing the principles for their every day lives.
So they get to relax and more trusting in life. As I have become in the last 15 years.

   Instead of remorse, embracing „whatever happened…“
   Instead of continuous rushing, trusting in „whenever it starts…“

   Instead of manipulating, extending an invitation…
   Instead of pretending and separating body and soul, following the law of two feet...

In the WOSonOS planning meeting during my session „OST as a world-view“ I shared:

	To me, the principles hold within them trust in the goodness of live.
	An invitation to relax and go with the flow. An opening up to synchronicity...

I am happy when an OST meeting leads to great work. I am even more happy when people take something away for their (work) life in general…
For example, when they refer to being a bumble bee, giving themselves permission to move. To be free.

I am not convinced that the only and best way for making this way of living accessible to millions of people is having them all participate in 2,5 day conferences.
What other ideas might we come up with, getting together as explorers?

How about creating online events like the current „Worldwide Tapping Summit“?
Events which present many processes that all support self-organisation and genuine leadership (thanks to a recent conversation to Daniel Mezick for this term).

Apps as described by Paul Levy during the planning meeting.
And...

As for other posts about OST being around for 30 years and not having been made better:

With all due respect to the OST elders and especially to my direct teachers Michael M Pannwitz and Harrison Owen, and at the same time being intentionally irreverently: In an evolutionary context, 30 years means nothing!
Something can be the top of the game for thirty, hundreds or thousands of years and then upgraded by the next evolutionary adaptation.

Which makes a new user’s guide necessary. As described here ;-) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQHX-SjgQvQ <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQHX-SjgQvQ>

Curious about a possibility of WOSonos 2018,
Marai