[OSList] Is there experience in developing Open Space further in organizations and networks after the initial intervention

Royle, Karl K.Royle at wlv.ac.uk
Fri Aug 10 01:49:09 PDT 2018

Living it large Harrison. ☺

From: OSList <oslist-bounces at lists.openspacetech.org> on behalf of Harrison Owen via OSList <oslist at lists.openspacetech.org>
Date: Thursday, 9 August 2018 at 21:42
To: 'World wide Open Space Technology email list' <oslist at lists.openspacetech.org>
Cc: Harrison Owen <hhowensr at gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [OSList] Is there experience in developing Open Space further in organizations and networks after the initial intervention

Reflections? It took me a while to recognize that Open Space is not a method that we might “do” or “impose” – rather it is a memory of what we already possess. OS simply allows us to recall that we are all self-organizing creatures – no matter how much we might like to think we are “in charge.” The really ridiculous thing is that clients pay us (occasionally quite well) for giving them something they already possess. But at 82, my ethics are getting a little foggy. I did have a client one time who figured it out. He said, “Harrison, you have the greatest con game going. You charge a significant fee for something the people already have (but may not know it) – and then you go and take a nap while they do exactly what they already know how to do…” Keep those checks coming Baby! Of course, I am here in Maine where the weather is warmish but wonderful… and what would you say about that?

Harrison