[OSList] Hope Never Dies!

Birgitt Williams birgitt at dalarinternational.com
Tue Apr 3 12:30:52 PDT 2018

Okay folks, how come y'all are not using your Law of Two Feet?? If you are
not learning something or contributing, time to move on. I believe that we
all learned that from a master. If it doesn't have heart and meaning to me,
I am out of 'there'.

Hugs all around,
Birgitt

On Tue, Apr 3, 2018 at 3:11 PM Jeff Aitken via OSList <

> The term "bar camp" came from the old engineering term FUBAR "fouled up
> beyond all recognition."
>
> The first word is actually not "fouled."
>
> I've facilitated real OST bar camps as have others.
>
> But it's ironic and tragic to fubar an open space!
>
> Jeff
>
> On Tue, Apr 3, 2018, 11:29 AM Chris Corrigan via OSList <
>
>> Good lord.
>>
>> I think that "Open Space with a twist” is what is currently known as “A
>> Conference.”
>>
>> Shocking really.
>>
>> Chris
>>
>> On Apr 3, 2018, at 11:00 AM, Phelim McDermott via OSList <
>> oslist at lists.openspacetech.org> wrote:
>>
>> If it doesn’t walk like a duck and doesn’t quack like a duck...
>>
>> It’s not a duck.
>>
>> Best regards,
>>
>> Phelim McDermott
>> -----------------------------
>>  I generally pick up emails only at the beginning and end of the working
>> day. I am currently aiming to respond the following day. If it is urgent
>> please call me on 07956 187298.
>> ___________________/////////////
>>
>> Sent from my iPhone
>>
>> On 3 Apr 2018, at 12:46, Eva P Svensson via OSList <
>> oslist at lists.openspacetech.org> wrote:
>>
>> Don’t call it Open Space  if it’s not Open space!!
>>
>> Another thing.. I visited my first ”Bar camp” a week ago. Oh my how
>> frustrated I was with the control! Imagine that we had to stand up and
>>  tell our name and two topic that we would like to talk about (without any
>> obligation to bring them up). After that the ones who wanted to raise a
>> topic - stod up and read what s/he wanted to talk about in the 45 min
>> breakout sessions. Then we were asked to raise our hands if we thought that
>> topic was a good idea  - and not if it’ wasn’t… Just imagine standing up
>> front of all participants with a topic and no one raised their hand…!
>> Nothing was said about how to collect the recordings so there was a big
>> confusion about that. Every breakout session was 45 min and when the time
>> was out - the ”facilitator” came in the different rooms and announced that
>> the time was over…
>> And of course no circles , just tables. Can you imagine me as being an
>> Open Space ”fundamentalist” being oh so much frustrated…
>> Oh my - what an interesting experience …
>> Hugs
>> :o)
>> Eva
>>
>> Bästa hälsningar
>>

>> Eva P Svensson
>>

>> *EPS Human Invest AB*
>> *Co owner Genuine Contact Group Inc*
>>

>> *"Verksamhetsutveckling genom människor skapar långsiktigt välmående
>> företag och organisationer"*
>>

>> Anåsbergsvägen 22, 439 34 ONSALA
>> Besöksadress; Norra Allégatan 8, Göteborg
>> Tfn: 0300-615 05, Mobil; 0706- 89 85 50
>> www.epshumaninvest.se
>> Skype: eva.p.svensson
>> Facebook sida: EPS Human Invest AB
>> twitter:@EvaPSvensson

> [...]

Birgitt Williams

Closing the Gap Between Potential and Results

Services http://www.dalarinternational.com/services/

Leadership & Organizational Development Training, http://
www.dalarinternational.com/services/training/

Author, President & Senior Consultant of Dalar International Consultancy,
Inc.

Co-founder: Genuine Contact program

Co-founder of the Extraordinary Leadership Network
http://www.extraordinaryleadershipnetwork.com

Co-owner of the Genuine Contact Co-owners Group Ltd.
http://www.genuinecontact.net

*Supporting leadership development for leading in a culture requiring
agility and flexibility in a performance environment of constant change.*

PO Box 19373, Raleigh, North Carolina, USA 27619

phone: 1-919-522-7750