[OSList] what convergence after 3 OS events ?

Scott Gassman scott.gassman at gmail.com
Thu Oct 19 17:48:49 PDT 2017

Christine,

You have a wonderful opportunity to continue helping stretch this company.
If in your shoes, I would share findings/outputs/reports with all attendees
from the three days.
Ask them to read them, and identify what's most important and gripping for
the organization to distill and carry forward as most significant change
initiatives.

I would invite all who want to and can attend to a follow-up 3.5 hour
convergence session.
If I could I would ask for most important themes/topics to be discussed and
volunteer
leaders to step-up and move the topics forward.  I would next invite the
leaders, topic leaders.
and scribes to process what's resulted and close in on new strategy. I
would also have
Subject Matter Experts on hand to respond to inquiries. This is the
beginning of what they
want to build.

This likely will require more time, a model process leader and business
owner as a start.

Looking forward to hear future stories.

Scott Gassman

On Thu, Oct 19, 2017 at 2:21 PM, christine koehler via OSList <

> Dear friends and colleagues,
>
> May I ask for advice, ideas and/or  stories ?
>
> I am preparing for a company (owned by its employees)  3 one and a half
> days of OS that will host around 300 participants each.
> The 3 events will take place one after the other, but each with different
> participants. The whole company has been invited and almost everyone is
> coming. Only the CEO and the GM will attend the 3 of them.
> The theme is the same for the 3 events: re-invent the company.  They are
> on a market that is completely changing those days and they have a very
> ambitious goal with acquisitions (at the time the OS will take place, there
> will be 200 people more in the company, and they are invited) and
> diversification. They have begun looking for new markets and hope to
> continue that with the OS. So their expectations are huge : new
> organizational models for a new company, new projects, new synergies,
> hopefully a new management model.
>
> The leadership team is following very carefully the event but they are
> already facing overload. They expect to have to prioritize the projects
> that come out of the OS as they expect many projects and probably won't be
> able to fund all of them.
> They are aware they should invent a new model but right at the moment they
> want to follow up everything, which, of course, shows that it's not easy to
> change the model. But I am confident that with a few conversations they can
> consider other options.
>
> I suggested to organize one day convergence after those 3 events.
> How would you design it ? and who would you invite ?
> I would love  to get ideas from you or what you did in a similar occasion
>
> Christine

Scott Gassman
IdeaJuice
(917) 951 - 0258