[OSList] residential workshop coming up re organizational transformation based on OST

Birgitt Williams birgitt at dalarinternational.com
Mon Oct 2 13:25:41 PDT 2017

Dear friends and colleagues,
Twenty three years ago my staff and I realized that we had created an
organization that benefited from the same quality and quantity of high
performance and high play that was experienced in an OST meeting. I
remember writing a letter to Harrison about what was beginning to
happen....he edited and published that letter in my chapter in Tales from
Open Space. I had gotten really curious about : "if all of this great
leadership, vision, community, and self management happen in an OST
meeting, it means that this is ALL present in the organization already.
What can we in our organization do to achieve this kind of performance on a
daily basis seeing as it is clear that we have this in us?". From our first
OST meetings and the experiences we had, it took us some months to develop
the first Conscious Open Space Organization. My hypothesis was: all
organizations are open space organizations. Becoming conscious of ourselves
as an Open Space Organization was vital to our well being.

I left the organization after three years of operating as a Conscious Open
Space Organization. I wanted to find out, as an independent consultant,
whether I could assist other leadership teams do the same kind of
development in their organizations...or had my experience been a unique
experience that couldn't be repeated? Several organizations, all of 100
staff or less participated with me...and they also successfully created
Conscious Open Space Organizations. We learned a lot. Always, we began the
intentional organizational transformation with a multi day OST meeting.

After a few years, and with some changes, one of our international
development clients demanded we change the name from Conscious Open Space
Organization. We settled on Genuine Contact Organization, in keeping with
it being a key component of the Genuine Contact program. And yet, always,
we begin with a multi-day OST meeting...that has remained essential.

Nov 5-9 I am teaching a small group of no more than 6 persons about the Genuine
Contact Organization
<http://www.dalarinternational.com/services/training/genuine-contact-organization/>.
Residential workshops with me in our home in Raleigh, North Carolina are
intense learning experiences, with lots of insights, ah ha's, oh no's...and
making sense of the material offered in ways that are unique to each
participant and their intended use of the learning.

If you have interest in learning how to transform an organization into an
organization that has the daily benefits we experience in an OST meeting,
please contact me off list. I have a coupon code that will give you a
significant discount on the tuition.

Blessings to all,
Birgitt
--

Birgitt Williams

President & Senior Consultant of Dalar International Consultancy, Inc.

http://www.dalarinternational.com

Co-founder of the Extraordinary Leadership Network
http://www.extraordinaryleadershipnetwork.com

Co-founder of the Genuine Contact™program and author of The Genuine Contact
Way: Nourishing a Culture of Leadership
http://www.genuinecontactway.com

Co-owner of the Genuine Contact Co-owners Group Ltd.
http://www.genuinecontact.net

*Supporting leadership development for leading in a culture requiring
agility and flexibility in a performance environment of constant change.*

Leadership development at your own pace? Become a member of the
Extraordinary Leadership Network
http://www.extraordinaryleadershipnetwork.com to participate in an online
leadership development program designed to increase the leadership skills
and capacity you need to perform in a performance environment of constant
change.

PO Box 19373, Raleigh, North Carolina, USA 27619

phone: 1-919-522-7750