[OSList] Lisa Carlson

Chris Kloth chris.kloth at got2change.com
Mon Nov 6 08:28:29 PST 2017

I met Lisa Kimble and Harrison the same day, thanks to Ralph Copleman.
Ralph had suggested I attend a meeting that was going to be conducted
using a self organizing process. It seems to me it was about 1992,
give or take a year or two.

I was instantly drawn to both people as people more than as advocates
for any methodology. Lisa enriched my life over these years, asking me
tough questions as recently as this year at a Plexus meeting.

Her role in the MetaNetwork also made a difference in my life. As
someone who built my career in the f2f world, at that time I saw
computers as fancy typewriters, calculators, and encyclopedias. The
MetaNet allowed me to stay connected to people with whom I shared many
interests.

Then came the first online OST, hosted by the MetaNet. As I shared
with Lisa after the event, I signed up in part because I trusted that
Lisa would only host a worthwhile event, but my f2f roots told me
there was something inherently limiting about such an event. On some
level I wanted to confirm my suspicions. Halfway through Day 2 I
realized I was fully engaged. I had to let go of my resistance.

Another place our lives intersected was ACENet, an organization based
in Ohio that was doing amazing things in Appalachia, led by another
great woman, and friend of Lisa's, June Holley. [BTW, ACENet is still
making a difference in the world.]

Working on projects with Lisa was always a learning experience, as
well as a chance make the world a better place in some way. Whether it
was OST, the MetaNet, ACENet, Plexus, or a long talk about the ways of
the world over coffee, she made it special. Lisa is on a relatively
short list of people who inspired me and enriched my life
professionally and personally.

May her memory be a blessing to us all.

--
Shalom,