[OSList] Lisa Carlson

Michael Herman michael at michaelherman.com
Fri Nov 3 12:46:32 PDT 2017

Wow.  Thanks for this sad news, Harrison.

It was Lisa who invited me into the Metanet online conversations about OS,
back in 1996, pre-oslist.  The stated price was $20 monthly and I
hesitated.  She said something like, "Don't worry about it, you'll
contribute some other way..."  I went home and read 4+ years of the
earliest conversations about OS, reopened some of them and joined in the
new ones.  I remember that time as some of the fastest, most amazing
learning I've ever done.  I showed up at my first OSonOS (OSonOS#4) later
that year as a full participant, knowing many of the people and so many of
the stories and ways of being.

My work on openspaceworld.org and other online OS contributions has always
been my way of paying forward the generosity of Lisa's invitation to join
those Metanet conversations.  That's just one of the ripples Lisa has left
in the world.  Changed my life, for sure, in just a very few
conversations.  She really was amazing.

Michael

--

Michael Herman
Michael Herman Associates

http://MichaelHerman.com
http://OpenSpaceWorld.org

On Fri, Nov 3, 2017 at 1:45 PM, Harrison Owen via OSList <