[OSList] Now What?

Skye Hirst via OSList oslist at lists.openspacetech.org
Tue Jan 24 14:48:13 PST 2017

I would only add that what is cracking up is more like a 2500 year old
paradigm that has served us to create and now it is at its end of all it
can do to create,  and now if its sticks around,  it will only destruct in
its dissolve. Definitely needed, much needed, is creation of absolutely new
ideas for how we create together, creating new societies of possibility
growing out of all we have learned thus far.  What's next?   I'd say, its
us, each of us to seek that knowing more at the intuitive than at the facts
of the matter, each of us.  Oh well,  both are necessary. "Both/and" points
to new reality, not an "either/or" only.  It appears to take about 2500,
give or take a few hundred years, to fulfill an epochal period.  A new
epoch just may be at the beginning.  Such times can be chaotic.  but
opening space gives us a huge way to provide some ways to call out and call
in a new forming.

Thanks Harrison for opening these ideas in me.  And thanks to the list for
existing as we grow/go through this "gift of the shift."   I heard this
today and like it. Sorry I don't know where it started.

On Tue, Jan 24, 2017 at 5:09 PM, Harrison Owen via OSList <

> Now What ....
>

> In the space/time after the Inauguration when all the marchers have left
> town, The Question remains. Now what?
>

> Presumably, The Donald and friends will get on with the business of doing
> what they promised. And it seems that in spite of an embarrassing first
> several days, they are hard at work. Doubtless others are working equally
> hard in opposite directions. Some day we will find out the final result
> which could range from Planetary Disaster to American Triumph (as in *Great
> Again!*). Either is possible, neither is probable – and assuming that we
> are still here to pose the question: What Next?
>

> It might seem that I am treating the Trump Years as a trivial interlude.
> Truthfully, when considered in the context of the evolution of the species,
> that’s exactly what it is. Trivial. But somehow significant. Trump is but a
> blip in the flow of human history – however his significance lies in the
> fact that he represents one more symptom of the ending of our familiar
> world order.
>

> We in the USA, to which I might add Western Europe, much of Asia
> (including Australia and New Zealand), Southern Africa, and most of South
> America – have lived in a blessed time. Not without the occasional natural
> disaster, shootings, civil disturbances, or whatever. But it has been good.
> Folks in the Middle East and Central Africa will have a different view, but
> they are a painful, but distinct minority.
>

> My children, and their children as well, have never fired a gun in anger,
> missed a meal, or wondered if they had a place to sleep... Always there.
> Maybe not what they wanted – but there. Called: The Parents.
>

> Charlie Kenny, writing in *The Atlantic* (12/18/2015) said, “The world is
> better-educated, better fed, healthier, and more tolerant – and it looks
> set to get richer, too.” Yet The Donald Says: “The American Carnage ends
> here.” – With his inauguration. The implication is simple. Disaster is
> immanent and He is the Savior! But from what? If Kenny is right, it looks
> like we are in pretty good shape. Lots of problems for sure, but definitely
> headed in the right direction.
>

> It might surprise you to learn that I am more in agreement with The Donald
> than you might suspect. But my reasons would not be his, and any solution I
> can see would not include The Donald as Savior. I believe we as a species
> are truly at a Transformational Moment in which the world order as we have
> known it for the past 75 years or so is dissolving. The institutions,
> processes, world views, ideologies that we have lived by, with, and in --
> are no longer sufficient for our needs. And. Useful alternatives are not
> visible – and that would include, The Donald.
>

> Such a view may appear extreme but it is not mine alone. David Ignatius,
> writing in the *Washington Post* (Jan 20, 2017), titles his effort , *The
> world order is cracking up. *He says: “Donald Trump’s inauguration marks
> [...]

*Skye Hirst, PhD*
President - The Autognomics Institute
*Conversations in Radical Self-Knowing*
www.autognomics.org
@autognomics
207-593-8074

*"Nature ever flows, stands never still. Motion or change is her mode of
existence."*
*- Ralph Waldo Emerson*