[OSList] Globalization, open space and Open Space ! ?

Brett Barndt via OSList oslist at lists.openspacetech.org
Sun Jan 8 09:04:17 PST 2017

Very interesting. I can recommend Bernard Lietaer who writes about the role
of our money form in generating, as if by emergence alone, this globalizing
outcome. It turns out, there are certain aspects of its system dynamics
that centralize power while globalizing reach.

It's aspect of pitting wage workers around the world against each other by
paying to ship the Singer sewing machines from country to country is no
accident. It is explicitly funded by those with the power to fund. And,
explicitly arranged in WTO trade agreements. And, it has been going on
since 1492.

At any rate, going beyond the usual binaries with open space and dialogue
to find these new views and connect new dots would be very useful now. We
need to get past myths and uncover mysteries. It won't happen anywhere else
for now.

I wonder what kinds of dialogues happened behind the scenes that allowed
Solon to understand what the new Athenian constitution needed to say and do?

We need to start that process now. Whatever it is.

On Jan 8, 2017 10:00 AM, "Harrison Owen via OSList" <