[OSList] YES - IT'S ON - WOSONOS 2017!!

Jane Lewis via OSList oslist at lists.openspacetech.org
Sun Aug 13 17:40:06 PDT 2017

Hi,

I'm in touch with Chris separately, but here's some general information for
everyone.

I've just searched flights from Europe into Taipei vs. into Kaohsiung.
Those to Taipei start at just over 600 USD round trip for late October.
Those to Kaohsiung start just over 1,000 USD. There are far more flight
options to Taipei, and Taipei is worth 1-2 days to look around. I'm happy
to point you in the direction of great things to see and experience around
the island. There's lots of exquisite nature, especially up in the
mountains, which run the entire length of the island. For a small island
there's a huge cultural and biological diversity throughout the island.

When you are ready to come down to Taipei, the trip on the high speed rail
is 1.5 to 2 hours and less than 50 USD. There are 2-3 trains each hour from
6:30 am till 10 pm. and tickets can be purchased easily online
(*http://tinyurl.com/y9p7wses
<http://tinyurl.com/y9p7wses>*) although purchases at the station work just
fine. If you have someone with you who knows how to use convenience store
kiosks, you can buy them there, too. Super easy.

Taiwan was voted this year as the world's top place for expats to live -
taking into account all aspects of life. Visitors are typically bowled over
by experiencing a level of hospitality and convenience unheard of
elsewhere. I first moved here in 1977 from the USA, and am happy to help
make your travel plans here smooth.

Jane
JaneELewis at gmail.com
Skype: HawaiiBreeze