[OSList] Open Space Learning Workshop - December 8-9, 2016 - Oakland California USA

Gail West via OSList oslist at lists.openspacetech.org
Mon Oct 10 21:42:25 PDT 2016

Hi Lisa,

I'm so pleased to see your note today about your up-coming trainings.  Your
very special yet somewhat limited energies are going for such important
work that's near and dear to you!

I have promised Shu-Fang some in-person support for 2 OS programs in the
next few weeks but in general my mantra these days is "it's time for the 80
year olds to move aside for the younger folks to take the initiative".
And, of course, the WOSONOS in Manila.    The 2 hour trip to Manila is
about as fas as I'm willing to go via air plane these days, and I do want
to support the amazing effort the team there is exerting.  Just hoping the
political situation there (and elsewhere) doesn't hamper participation.  We
will miss you and your fabulous spirit presence and conversation, knowing
that you are in our midst!

Be well,

Gail

On Mon, Oct 10, 2016 at 3:56 AM, Lisa Heft - via OSList <

> Dear OSLIST colleagues -
>
> Two items:
>
> For those of you in the US region, I am also offering - and still have
> room for you in - the World Cafe Learning Workshop, this October 20-21 in
> Oakland. I do not usually post about these other methods I teach on this
> list - however it is true that we often mention World Cafe as another kind
> of conversation-based facilitated process used to engage groups of any size
> in exploring their diverse and similar thoughts about complex issues and
> opportunities.  If you wish to join me, thank you for letting me know very
> soon, so I can quickly send you the content and registration materials and
> also so I can design you into the process of this month’s interactive
> workshop. Also be sure to respond with the title of -which- workshop(s) you
> are inquiring about in the title of your email. Thanks!
>
> (and for her *next* news item…)
>
> ___
>

> The Open Space Learning Workshop in Oakland, California on December 8-9,
> 2016 - for people of all levels of experience.
>
> For more information on content, schedule, pricing and to register,
> contact me directly at lisaheft at openingspace.net
> ___
>
> For those of you new to Open Space:
> You may have participated in something called Open Space or 'an
> unconference' and wondered why it did not work - why it didn’t really hold
> together as productive. Or your interest may have been sparked as you
> experienced a group self-organizing in a highly productive process - and
> wondered if it was this thing called Open Space.
>
> For those of you experienced in facilitating Open Space:
> You may already facilitate this and yearn for a deeper dive: It is rare
> that we get together with each other to explore not just *that* we do
> some things differently, but *why*. We do not often get to see others
> facilitate, share what else we have tried, and learned from our colleagues’
> experiences around the world.
>
> Join me in for this interactive workshop sharing best practices, the “nuts
> and bolts” of pre-work and design (I know, I know Harrison: “Lisa my
> friend, you’re working too hard” ;o) , “what-ifs”, “when-not-to’s” and ways
> that Open Space is used around the world.  I don’t think it’s working too
> hard - I just have a busy brain.  And I love looking at and learning from
> how our / our clients’ different actions before a dialogic event can
> support productivity and engagement at the event, no matter what process we
> use. Some of you who have joined me in these workshops know that it’s a
> little bit like opening up the LisaBrain for a million ideas to share
> together.
>
> Hear real situations of how this process has affected and informed power
> dynamics, conflict, knowledge-exchange, access and inclusion and systems
> thinking. See how documentation has been used to leverage ideas and
> [...]

*Gail West, ICA*

*3F, No. 12, Lane 5, Tien Mou W RdTaipei, Taiwan 111Ph) 8862) 2871-3150*
email) icataiw at gmail.com
Skype) gwestica
www.icatw.com