[OSList] Open Space Learning Workshop - December 8-9, 2016 - Oakland California USA

Lisa Heft - via OSList oslist at lists.openspacetech.org
Sun Oct 9 12:56:36 PDT 2016

Dear OSLIST colleagues -

Two items:

For those of you in the US region, I am also offering - and still have room for you in - the World Cafe Learning Workshop, this October 20-21 in Oakland. I do not usually post about these other methods I teach on this list - however it is true that we often mention World Cafe as another kind of conversation-based facilitated process used to engage groups of any size in exploring their diverse and similar thoughts about complex issues and opportunities.  If you wish to join me, thank you for letting me know very soon, so I can quickly send you the content and registration materials and also so I can design you into the process of this month’s interactive workshop. Also be sure to respond with the title of -which- workshop(s) you are inquiring about in the title of your email. Thanks!

(and for her next news item…)
___

The Open Space Learning Workshop in Oakland, California on December 8-9, 2016 - for people of all levels of experience.

For more information on content, schedule, pricing and to register, contact me directly at lisaheft at openingspace.net <mailto:lisaheft at openingspace.net>
___

For those of you new to Open Space:
You may have participated in something called Open Space or 'an unconference' and wondered why it did not work - why it didn’t really hold together as productive. Or your interest may have been sparked as you experienced a group self-organizing in a highly productive process - and wondered if it was this thing called Open Space.

For those of you experienced in facilitating Open Space:
You may already facilitate this and yearn for a deeper dive: It is rare that we get together with each other to explore not just that we do some things differently, but why. We do not often get to see others facilitate, share what else we have tried, and learned from our colleagues’ experiences around the world.

Join me in for this interactive workshop sharing best practices, the “nuts and bolts” of pre-work and design (I know, I know Harrison: “Lisa my friend, you’re working too hard” ;o) , “what-ifs”, “when-not-to’s” and ways that Open Space is used around the world.  I don’t think it’s working too hard - I just have a busy brain.  And I love looking at and learning from how our / our clients’ different actions before a dialogic event can support productivity and engagement at the event, no matter what process we use. Some of you who have joined me in these workshops know that it’s a little bit like opening up the LisaBrain for a million ideas to share together.

Hear real situations of how this process has affected and informed power dynamics, conflict, knowledge-exchange, access and inclusion and systems thinking. See how documentation has been used to leverage ideas and relationships post-event. Share stories of most challenging, largest and smallest ever.

Come learn with me.
Lisa

Lisa Heft
Consultant, Facilitator, Educator
 - President Emerita, Open Space Institute US
 - Fellow Emerita, Columbia University Center for International Conflict Resolution
Opening Space