[OSList] Nominations for Next Host - WOSonOS 2017

Jane Lewis via OSList oslist at lists.openspacetech.org
Sat Nov 12 05:47:17 PST 2016

Just yesterday Carms asked the world (the OSList and all of us here in
Manila) who might be interested in hosting 2017's WOSonOS.

Today at breakfast, people started asking me about my connections in Hawaii
(I'm a resident there, though I live in south Taiwan), in reference to a
potential location for next year.

Then, in the closing circle it hit me. One of my motivations, after all,
for coming to this meeting was to locate my own way to stimulate organic
cross-fertilizing conversations in my city. During these 2.5 days in
Manila, instead, I'd focused on other types of conversations.

Maybe it's time to bring this topic to life in a big way.

After the closing circle, and on through a group dinner tonight, I went
around to share this idea of Tainan being offered as next years location,
and all around I got "Yes!" and "I'll be there, what help do you need?" So,
by the evening of the closing of WOSonOS 2016 I, along with Sharon Wu are
ready to make a nomination.

We nominate Tainan, in the south of Taiwan as the location for the 2017
WOSonOS.

It's Taiwan's oldest city, a beautiful highly hospitable tropical city full
of Japanese era buildings, thousands of temples and temple events, little
winding alleys and all manner of street food. It's Taiwan's holiday
destination by the ocean, and a welcoming destination for everyone in
2017.

Looking forward to the ensuing discussion!
With respect and excitement,

Jane Lewis & Sharon Wu