[OSList] Spanish Version of the Task Cards to set up an os-event

Michael M Pannwitz via OSList oslist at lists.openspacetech.org
Sat May 28 16:25:21 PDT 2016

Dear Jaime,

it seems that there is no Spanish version of the Task Cards, yet.

Maria in Donostia/San Sebastian is going to produce a Spanish version.

Of course, you could also produce a Bolivian (and other countries in the
vicinity) version. It would be neat to have one in your part of the
Americas.
In fact, I always suggest to colleagues wanting to do a translation to
not do a "translation" but rather create Task Cards on the background of
their experience in their concrete environment, also taking into account
the local ressources.
While the forces of selforganisation are universal the Task Cards (and
the Users Guide) deal with many facets that are similar in various
cultures and languages but still vary enough to make it worth while to
have various versions.

Of course, it does no harm to mention the origin of the Task Cards idea
but that is not a prerequisite for taking them as a starting point in
creating other versions as in Spanish, Basque, etc.

As far as I can tell, there are now versions in Chinese, Dutch, English,
German, Italian, Polish, Ukrainian... and probably some more
(French?)... lets hear of them.

At the WOSonOS in 2020 in Berlin (remember there have been WOSonOSes in
Berlin in 2000 and 2010 with me inviting at the opening of the WOSonOS
in 2010 to come and meet in Berlin again in 2020), ok. at that WOSonOS,
I will convene a session on the theme "Task Cards around our planet" and
set up an exhibition of all existing versions at that time and, of
course, ask Lisa to lovingly auction them off.

Greetings from Berlin
mmp

--
Michael M Pannwitz
Draisweg 1, 12209 Berlin, Germany

Check out the Open Space World Map presently showing 406 resident Open
Space Workers in 68 countries working in a total of 144 countries
worldwide: www.openspaceworldmap.org