[OSList] OpenSpace Agility: How Agile can be successful. First Workshop in Germany, June from 13th to 15th

Birgitt Williams via OSList oslist at lists.openspacetech.org
Thu Mar 10 05:52:06 PST 2016

Warm greetings to you all,

I showed up with curiosity and an interest to understand OpenSpace Agile.
Part of my wonder was what was behind the combination, how it was working
out, and how the bridging was done between the two. I do have some answers
and I thank you for that. I also now have many more questions. I read Dan's
post with interest and picked up a great deal of passion coming out,
something that is not always easy to convey on an email list. I understand
that where there is passion like this, there is a deep deep heart felt
caring. Dan and others who are interested in this topic of OpenSpace Agile.
I very much hope that you will keep showing up and contributing to assist
people like me to understand better.  Are you all on to something and still
in the throes of birthing pains to get to more foundational agreement on
what OpenSpace Agile is?

In our Genuine Contact community, we also are limited too much by meeting
virtually, not having the opportunity to be physically present with each
other. We are passionate about what we are doing and there are a number of
us who have stayed the course together since 1999. We have had many
rebirthings as we have evolved together and come to understand our own body
of work and its applications better, including gaining greater clarity of
the differences cross culturally including the inter-generational cultural
differences, and the differences in fundamental ideologies of life and
social science. I am deeply grateful to my peers for more reasons than I can
mention. One is that we converse mostly in English, even though English is
the second, third and sometimes fourth language. We collectively need to
take some time to really listen to each other. I say all of this because
even when something seems well formulated, it is not unusual to need to let
go of what was to the best of our ability, and to come together for a
rebirth. As one of the founders of Genuine Contact, of which OST remains a
significant vital foundational element, I experience our Genuine Contact
trainers understanding and having insights in what we are doing that far
surpass what I understand and what I set out to do. This comes from a
willingness to participate when the conversations are joyful, and when they
are painful. And following what Peggy Holman has written about so well in
her book Engaging Emergence, it seems to be requisite to do so in our growth
as collectives.

I was also sparked by the exchange with Harrison about open space and OST
and intend to leave this discussion about OpenSpace Agility and post a new
topic.about the leadership competency of embracing paradox. I do, however,
look forward to reading your reports.

Blessings all around,

Birgitt

Birgitt Williams

President & Senior Consultant of Dalar International Consultancy, Inc.

 <http://www.dalarinternational.com/> http://www.dalarinternational.com

Co-founder of the Extraordinary Leadership Network
<http://www.extraordinaryleadershipnetwork.com/>
http://www.extraordinaryleadershipnetwork.com

Co-founder of the Genuine ContactTprogram and author of The Genuine Contact
Way: Nourishing a Culture of Leadership
<http://www.genuinecontactway.com/> http://www.genuinecontactway.com

Co-owner of the Genuine Contact Co-owners Group Ltd.
<http://www.genuinecontact.net/> http://www.genuinecontact.net

Supporting leadership development for leading in a culture requiring agility
and flexibility in a performance environment of constant change.

Leadership development at your own pace? Become a member of the
Extraordinary Leadership Network
<http://www.extraordinaryleadershipnetwork.com/>
http://www.extraordinaryleadershipnetwork.com to participate in an online
leadership development program designed to increase your leadership skills
and capacity.

PO Box 19373, Raleigh, North Carolina, USA 27619

phone: 1-919-522-7750