[OSList] Questions about lunch, length of sessions, during full day OST

Stuart Turner via OSList oslist at lists.openspacetech.org
Thu Jun 2 18:17:11 PDT 2016

Hi All

I’m facilitating a full day open space event next week and the client has suggested some of the following ideas, based on advice during open space training from another company:

a.       Opening: 9 to 10
b.      Session 1: 10  to 11 (Morning sessions are more for people to set the stage, so having 2 before lunch to get people feel comfortable of Open Space)
c.       Session 2: 11 to 12
d.      Lunch: 12 to 13
e.      Short briefing: 13, to remind that adding any topics any time is welcome
f.        Session 3: 13 to 14 (Usually conversations with energy happens in the afternoon)
g.       Session 4: 14 to 15
h.      Session 5: 15 to 16
i.         News: 16 to 17
j.        Closing: 17 to 18

I wasn’t going to schedule a reserved time for lunch and was thinking of 45 minute sessions. I also wasn’t intending to have a news hour.

I value your suggestions and advice for facilitating this. For most attendees it will be their first full day open space event and the first with a real diversity in attendees.

Thanks

Stuart