[OSList] Spanish Version of the Task Cards to set up an os-event

Lisa Heft - via OSList oslist at lists.openspacetech.org
Thu Jun 2 17:39:50 PDT 2016

To which I say, “you speak my language, Michael !”

For those of you who do not know, I host an activity before, during and in-between WOSonOSs which raises awareness and resources for those with lower finances to be able to join us if possible.

Not huge amounts, just the little bits that make the difference for someone. And there are always several someones.

There are many things I look for, ask about and research, in partnership with each host team, all year ‘round. Because this is one of my personal passion-with-responsibility projects: Access and inclusion.

What Michael is referring to is a creative little area along one side of the large WOSonOS room where participants bring lovely items from their home countries - handmade art, books, food, jewelry, actions they offer - so many things and so creative. And so attractive.

So attractive, in fact that we have a Silent Auction, with people naming higher (and higher) prices they wish to pay for the precious and creative items. By the end of the WOSonOS the highest ‘bidder’ ‘wins’ the item, and also takes a little piece of another country’s culture home with them.
And the small funds raised go towards -next year’s- participants who just need a little more help with some resource and community. In other words, we do this because we believe in people we have not yet met, and because we believe in the power of community.

We did this at the recent OSELE in Basque Country. Precious items like fruit syrup, earrings, necklaces, books on facilitation and leadership, actions like English tutoring, purses, toys, paintings, and juggling balls. Joyful stuff.

Yes, I will be hosting and inviting this for the WOSonOS in Manila this November. Yes, I will lovingly auction off the task cards in all the different languages. Thank you, Michael and all of you helping - for your generosity in growing and sharing this resource.

Everything is possible, with creative resourcing, the courage to ask for a little help, and the power of community.

Warmly,
Lisa

Lisa Heft (also known as Access Queen)
Consultant, Facilitator, Educator
Opening Space

(oh by the way, there is still time to join me for the Open Space Learning Workshop June 16-17 in Oakland California USA - come play… I mean learn … with me….contact me for more information)