[OSList] OS learning in The Cartel (Don Winslow)

Eleder_BuM via OSList oslist at lists.openspacetech.org
Mon Jan 18 02:18:06 PST 2016

Hi friends!

I just finished reading a great book by Don Winslow
<http://don-winslow.com/> (The cartel), relating the drugs system...Very
powerful writing by Don!

Knowing more about the savage, cruel and insane processes that make it
possible to provide the fluent nations and people with coke and other drugs
can make us more conscious, I find.

Both key phrases on the last page of the book, are full of pure OS thinking
<http://openspaceworld.org/wp2/>, I think. I write the Spanish version and
translate into English, as follows...

*1. "La gente no dirige el cártel. Es el cártel el que dirige a la gente.*
People does not manage The Cartel. It´s The Cartel that manages people."

*Indeed it´s the system that we should try to repair as a whole. This
self-managing system.*

Last line:

*2. "No hay otra cosa que hacer que estar quieto. *
There´s nothing to do more than staying still"

*Sometimes, we know, best we could do is just nothing. Breathe in , breathe
out....*

Just good to remember.

Have a nice day!

@Eleder_BuM <https://twitter.com/Eleder_BuM>