[OSList] Questioning Questioning

Arno Baltin via OSList oslist at lists.openspacetech.org
Sat Jan 16 04:20:01 PST 2016

Dear Daniel!. Dear Co-Listeners!

I like the SVO-p. I did some "research" and found out that one of my
favourite author, Alan Alexander Milne, uses SVOP-p a lot:

*      On Monday, when the sun is hot       I wonder to myself a lot:
"Now is it true, or is it not,"       "That what is which and which is
what?" *

*or*

*       Isn't it funny       How a bear likes honey?       Buzz! Buzz!
Buzz!       I wonder why he does? *

There are 11 occasions o of of SVO-p in Winnie The Pooh
<http://www.lib.ru/MILN/pooh.txt_with-big-pictures.html#3> all together :)
And it is interesting that all of them are lost when translated into
Estonian :(

And it makes a lot of sense to translate the "ordinary" questions into the
SVO-p.

Be well!

       *Arno*