[OSList] Questioning Questioning

Lisa Heft - via OSList oslist at lists.openspacetech.org
Sat Jan 9 13:22:10 PST 2016

Bhav,

I have facilitated dialogue using Open Space and other processes in many countries, and I know you have done so, also.
And I know that although I practice being open, observant and humble about how cultures-not-my-own are different and similar - about how understanding those differences and similarities affects my work and my practice as a facilitator around the world - I also know that not being =of= those cultures I may miss some nuances or observations that others as generous as yourself are willing to share. So I value your exploration, your inquiry, your observations.

Please share more about what you are exploring, below. I am always learning from these inquiries.

__

On Jan 8, 2016, at 1:19 AM, Bhavesh Patel via OSList <oslist at lists.openspacetech.org> wrote:

> <snip>

> Thanks for offering space for my question, and I would like to change it a bit from what you wrote... Does the "question approach" work in every culture or is it culture specific?

> Many approaches/methods like AI, AoH, etc, put a lot of emphasis on the questions and the design of questions. A question can be an invitation to explore, however invitations can exist without questions right?

> A sideways on this is that I have an ongoing 'wondering' about whether Open Space the Method (not the great on-going Open Space that Harrison often refers to) has some cultural bias to it as well... however everytime I bring this up I am quickly explained/lectured/told that it doesn't!!!

> Smiles Bhav…

__

Looking forward to our continuing co-learning,

Lisa

Lisa Heft
Consultant, Facilitator, Educator
Opening Space