[OSList] Questioning Questioning

Michael M Pannwitz via OSList oslist at lists.openspacetech.org
Fri Jan 8 01:40:31 PST 2016

Dear Bhav,

when I use the "quickly explained/lectured/told"-approach I often find
that I didn't sit the question but jumped up to get that nasty question
squashed.
Perhaps it has to do with being suspected to be "biased" on this or on
whatever.
To me it seems clear that nothing comes out of nothing. So, if something
emerges it has come from a place or source that has all kinds of
cultural and other characteristic backgrounds, roots, etc. This then
assumedly also applies to OST (and, by the same token, to "the great
on-going Open Space that Harrison often refers to").
In my practice I am simply amazed how OST "works" regardless of what
setting it is used in (language, culture, class, religion, what have
you)... so maybe its heritage is trans-cultural, trans-whatever you add
here. If that is its bias, good enough for me. It simply would mean that
this is a unique characteristic of OST. To me that would be the second
unique characteristic of the approach, the other being its focus on
consciously relying and being in love with the force of selforganisation.

Cheers from Berlin where we had enough snow again to get out our
neighborhood machine to have some exercise early in the morning

mmp