[OSList] What is the sweet spot for Online OS using video chat?

Brian Burt via OSList oslist at lists.openspacetech.org
Mon Aug 29 14:11:35 PDT 2016

Great question Lucas.

I know some of you have used MaestroConference for OS events and we're very
committed to continuing to optimize the platform for this usage.  We don't
do video within breakouts yet- but that's coming soon!

We already allow the "law of two feet", notes within each breakout,
breakout chat for sharing other resources, and flexibility to announce new
sessions to all rooms.

We are adding video within breakouts for example, and enhancing the ability
to do a screenshare or shared website within a breakout.

Feedback for us has been that building the "marketplace" of topics could be
improved- if there's a tool that out there that we can integrate for that
please let us know.

We definitely welcome any feedback or requests from the OS community ...

-Brian

On Sun, Aug 28, 2016 at 7:36 AM, Lucas Cioffi via OSList <

> Hi All,
>
> I would be super-excited to hear how folks would design the simplest
> online Open Space experience using video chat.
>
> I posted my thoughts below, but I put them further down so that you might
> have a moment to think about what online OS experience would work best for
> you, rather than letting my thoughts influence yours.
>

> My...
>

> thoughts...
>

> are...
>

> down...
>

> below...

> Here are my rough thoughts:
>
> 1. When the event begins you open up a webpage.  You can see the following:
>
>    - where the opening circle is
>    - how many virtual breakout spaces there are
>    - who is in each virtual space right now
>    - what is being discussed now and in the future (a bulletin board /
>    marketplace / idea wall)
>
> 2. Next you choose to enter a space by turning on your video chat.
>
> *Note: The following features seem helpful but not necessary:*
> 3. When you arrive in a space, you see a shared notes area available to
> all participants.
>
> 4. There is a way to raise your hand to indicate that you'd like to speak.
>
> 5. There is a way to share a quick message such as ("I have to step away
> for a moment").
>
> *Thanks so much for any advice.  I look forward to hearing what you have
> in mind!*
>
> Lucas Cioffi
> Founder, QiqoChat
> Charlottesville, VA
> Mobile: 917-528-1831

Brian Burt
*Chief Visioneer (Founder & CEO)*
VoiceVoice <http://voicevoice.com/> *The Conversation Company*
MaestroConference <http://www.maestroconference.com/> Technology for
Conversations that Engage Every Voice

+1 415 727 1820 direct+mobile

*Converting audience into participants.  *
*What's your mission, and where do conversations fit in?*