[OSList] Accessibility concerns about bending down to pick up paper/pens

Richard Kasperowski via OSList oslist at lists.openspacetech.org
Fri Aug 26 12:09:52 PDT 2016

Hi, Harold! This is important. I've also encountered it as a gender bias
issue--if you're wearing a short skirt or dress, you might not want to bend
over in front of the group, and so you'll feel uncomfortable about fully
participating.

My easy solution: If it's a seated opening, I reserve one chair in the
innermost circle of chairs. I put paper and markers on that chair, as well
as on the floor. When I show people how to share a session idea, I model it
using the paper and marker on the chair so everyone knows they don't have
to get down on the floor.

What have other people done?

--
Richard Kasperowski
Read my blog <http://kasperowski.com/>, the Core Protocols book

On Fri, Aug 19, 2016 at 12:28 AM Harold Shinsato via OSList <