[OSList] University training for Open Space Technology?

Harrison Owen via OSList oslist at lists.openspacetech.org
Thu Aug 25 13:04:20 PDT 2016

Kári… I really shouldn’t do this… I am sure the Devil made me do this… But I just can’t help myself….

I can’t tell you how many times people have said to me something like – Well if OS is really as simple as you say, how can you possibly have a (1,2,3) day training program?? There is an answer, but not a simple one. Now…. You are pushing this to a whole new level… a whole degree program? You have to be kidding!

I think it really could be worthwhile IF the program was NOT about facilitating Open Space – which can be done in a few minutes or less. Actually, I find that most of the time required goes to unlearning just about everything you ever learned about “facilitating.”

The heart of the program could be (should be / my opinion) about learning to live (helping others learn) in a self organizing world. Lots of thinking. Lots new experiences – and definitely worth a year or so. A life time will do, barely. That could be fun and really beneficial!

Harrison

Winter Address

7808 River Falls Dr.

Potomac, MD 20854