[OSList] University training for Open Space Technology?

l33t.79@gmail.com via OSList oslist at lists.openspacetech.org
Thu Aug 25 10:27:01 PDT 2016

There is an opportunity, an opening, an invitation to make something
wonderful.

What would a Master level University accredited training for Open Space
Technology look like?

I posted a session in the last NOSONOS in Sweden at Två Skyttlar with the
title "10 ECTS" representing some 300 hours worth of training and studies
on the topic.

An idea was born in the session, and many signed up for it, that we should
make a mentor program for the facilitation students in a course where they
would do find their own sponsors and a theme, organize with the sponsors to
invite to the event and document the proceedings, the student would
facilitate the event and later review with the sponsors post-event.
Naturally some compensation would be paid by the university to mentor for
coaching the student with his first sponsored facilitation event in the
program.

The second idea was to invite other universities in the European Higher
Education Area and possibly other places to co-create a full program of one
years worth Masters diploma including the global mentor program and the
many professional trainings that are happening all over. many universities
where named, and it is exiting.

This is an invitation to contact me or to reply with ideas or next steps or
connection and suggestions.

Best greetings

Kári Gunnarsson
Hringbraut 46, IS-101 Reykjavík, Iceland
Phone (+354) 864 5189