[OSList] Foo Bar OST Re: What's the difference between BarCamp and OST?

Jeff Aitken via OSList oslist at lists.openspacetech.org
Sun Aug 21 13:55:38 PDT 2016

Kaliya Hamlin and others can surely chime in. She and friends have worked
hard to persuade folks that OST is a best way to design an Unconference
such as Barcamp or Recent Changes Camp or etc.

See their work at unconference.net

Some unconferences use other participatory designs that are not OST and
they do well, or crash and burn, or what have you.

Ps Dirk - I heard that naming the event Bar was indeed a play on the often
used term Fubar - after the Foo was found inadequate for the restless
masses...

Onward with thanks

Jeff
San Francisco

On Aug 21, 2016 1:26 PM, "Harrison Owen via OSList" <