[OSList] Accessibility concerns about bending down to pick up paper/pens

Harold Shinsato via OSList oslist at lists.openspacetech.org
Thu Aug 18 21:27:50 PDT 2016

In the many OST's I've participated in or helped open myself, I've
encountered this complaint about having to bend over to pick up the pens
and the papers in only two instances. Both of which were Universities.
In both cases, the leading edge of the complaint seemed to have to do
with women's dresses, but I also heard something about being "able"
prejudiced.

The first University chose to put some tables outside the circle with
some papers and markers. The second one is thinking they will wheel in a
table after the opening into the center, which seems energetically
disruptive.

Have others encountered this? How did you deal with it?

     Thanks!
     Harold

--
Harold Shinsato