[OSList] Online Participation Before, During, and After WOSonOS!

Michael M Pannwitz via OSList oslist at lists.openspacetech.org
Wed Sep 2 12:53:12 PDT 2015

Dear Lucas and Michael,

I heard of this space invasion earlier and already sent my thoughts to
the Hosts of the WOSonOS in Krakow.

Here a summary:

--- This is not the setting I was invited to and signed up for and
arranged my accomodation and travel for.

--- I was happily expecting a face to face WOSonOS with the opportunity
to contribute and learn in an atmosphere of direct, undivided communication.

--- I discomfort myself with being in a breakout session surrounded by
folks with tablets or other mobile devices communicating with others not
present.

--- To me it is nothing less than a space invasion ... something I don't
want to be exposed to.

At the Krakow WOSonOS I will therefore not participate in:

----- opening session for all participants
----- break out sessions
----- morning announcements
----- evening news
----- the closing circle

that are attended virtually by people not actually present.

I guess that would give me loads of opportunities to be a butterfly.

Wish you guys would actually come to Krakow.

Greetings from Berlin
mmp