[OSList] florian fischer has passed away

Chris Corrigan via OSList oslist at lists.openspacetech.org
Thu Oct 29 16:44:54 PDT 2015

Oh my gosh.  This is heartbreaking.

What an incredible and beautiful soul that man was.  He was the artist and the sensitive heart of our OS community for a long time, fluttering on the margins and occasionally releasing sprays of beauty and colour into our midst.  I met him only once, and loved him from that moment (and maybe before).  We traded poews and books, offered from the marginal space of the self-created poetry of open space.

florian was for me always more spirit than human…and now he is all spirit.

I am in the very midst of holding space for 34 social service leaders, and I read this.  And my closing will be devoted to him.  It will be silence, a time to reflect on all who bring our lives and work the aesthetic quality that makes it all worth doing.

Fly, florian, you gentle butterfly.  Thank you for alighting on my finger for a while.

Chris