[OSList] The Tyranny of Structurelessness

Harold Shinsato via OSList oslist at lists.openspacetech.org
Mon Oct 5 19:18:32 PDT 2015

Hi Daniel,

As a habitual outsider, I can't say whether or not I felt excluded by
the Ralph Copleman story or not. For me, it might be a bit like asking a
fish whether or not he feels wet.

But I will say - I've heard the story of Ralph and "everything is
moving", and I got value from the story even without knowing the full
context. And I really wish I had felt excluded by the story when I first
heard it 7 years ago or so, and had asked about it like you did.

I'm so grateful to you, Daniel, for saying something. And I'm very
grateful to Harrison for sharing the story, and especially the thoughts
that it has provoked. And I'm grateful to Ralph, who I never knew, for
leaving such an enduring legacy with just a few words at a Symposia
decades ago.

     Cheers!
     Harold

--