[OSList] There is no such thing as open space

Harrison Owen via OSList oslist at lists.openspacetech.org
Sun Nov 8 15:39:44 PST 2015

I like that Jeff! Having just returned from the land of the “Tao te Ching” ... where following The Way leads to nothingness. Clearly, real open space happens when you stop working so hard... or something.

After 5 wonderful days with colleagues in Beijing, I find myself smiling as the jet lag recedes. For a gift I brought my friends a copy of Chris Corrigan’s “The Tao of Holding Space.” I offered it with a smile, knowing from whence the Tao had come. Sort of like carrying coals to New Castle. Or Tulip Bulbs to Holland. Or perfume to Paris... Or...

I told my friends in Beijing that, for me, the Tao te Ching was the most wonderful guide to holding and opening space. It was written (to the best of anybody’s knowledge) about 1200 BCE. That would be better than 3000 years ago. Been around for a bit.

Harrison

Winter Address

7808 River Falls Drive

Potomac, MD 20854