[OSList] No silence in opening

Tricia Chirumbole via OSList oslist at lists.openspacetech.org
Mon Jun 15 11:23:10 PDT 2015

Hi Harold!

I often like to suggest in my description of the marketplace that people
give themselves time to reflect on what they might like to offer and assure
them that we will have enough time for everyone to get their thoughts out
on the wall.

I also often add a "last call" when the popcorn seems to have all been
popped and remind people that there is still time to think and add your
thoughts before we get started and then allow whatever silence there is as
people sit and often a few pop up.

You could mention in the intro that you will allow a bit of time toward the
end of the flurry for people to ponder after they have listened to the
group. Expectation setting helps so much, in my experience, and then people
can be comfortable listening when there is a rush and know that they will
have time to think quietly at the end.

:)

Tricia Chirumbole
US: +1-571-232-0942
Skype: tricia.chirumbole

On Mon, Jun 15, 2015 at 1:52 PM, Lisa Heft - via OSList <