[OSList] Open Space Learning Workshop - September 8-9-10 - Kraków, Poland

Lisa Heft - via OSList oslist at lists.openspacetech.org
Fri Jun 26 17:23:47 PDT 2015

Dear colleagues - I invite you to join me in Poland this September as I share with you ideas, lessons-learned and experiences about facilitating (and being in) Open Space from around the world. Thank you also for sharing this information through your networks on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and other communities - as well as during the rich face-to-face conversations you have with your friends and colleagues over a glass of your favorite beverage...

Open Space Learning Workshop - a workshop for people of all levels of experience (see below)
For more information and to register, contact me directly at lisaheft at openingspace.net
Read on for more...

___

8-9-10 September, 2015 - Kraków, Poland
Just before the World Open Space on Open Space - a conference for users of Open Space

This workshop is facilitated by Lisa Heft
International Consultant, Facilitator, and Educator
specializing in dialogue processes engaging participants in organizations, conferences and communities
President Emerita, Open Space Institute US
Fellow Emerita, Columbia University's Center for International Conflict Resolution
OSLIST Poet Laureate 2006 and 2014
Also known on the OSLIST as Access Queen

___

For those of you new to this process for facilitating groups:
Imagine using a dialogue process to...

-- carry a face-to-face conversation across a nation as participants access shared notes from their diverse discussions
 enable soil, water, environmental and building scientists, engineers and researchers to share knowledge across disciplines and geographic regions in their passion for sustainability

-- help six governmental agencies and their Mozambique partners share thoughts on how to spend a billion dollars worth of HIV/AIDS funding in Mozambique over the next five years

—  engage technology licensing executives in exploring their concerns and hopes for a constantly changing industry where both knowledge ownership and open source / Creative Commons exist

-- invite hundreds of tobacco control advocates, researchers and policy makers to share their conflicting points of view (is the end goal safe tobacco? elimination of tobacco?) without having to change each other or agree

-- involve every employee of a global Information Technology division in their company's strategic planning process - from the administrative assistants to the Chief Technology Officer

-- design a pavilion at the Olympics, a new way of using the internet, or an airplane door

Imagine a dialogue process that cannot be broken by someone standing up and going on and on, by someone leaving or returning to a discussion, or by only one person sitting in a breakout session.

You may have heard of Open Space or participated in something called Open Space or 'an unconference' and wondered why it did not work - or whether it was really this complete and effective form. Or you may have experienced something that sparked your interest as you watched a group self-organize in a highly productive process - and wondered if it was this thing called Open Space.

For those of you who already facilitate Open Space or who have attended other workshops:
Lisa will share best practices and lessons-learned from around the world to deepen your learning. Topics include exploring power dynamics, lessons learned about adding to, changing or compressing the full-form process, questions for you and your client, finding more time for OS, using OS for conflict transformation, invitation text and strategy that broadens access and inclusion, documentation design, variations and more.

___

For more information on schedule, pricing overview and registration, contact me directly at lisaheft at openingspace.net

I look forward to sharing learning with you,

Lisa
And I will see you at the World Open Space on Open Space in Kraków, Poland on September 10-11-12-13, 2015…
And I will also soon be announcing the dates for this workshop in Los Angeles, California and Berkeley, California…