[OSList] No silence in opening

Daniel Mezick via OSList oslist at lists.openspacetech.org
Sun Jun 21 03:47:47 PDT 2015

"...I have experienced that there is a very thin line between a
facilitator and a space invador."

What a great observation and insight. Such a useful idea to consider.

Regarding silence at the opening, I like to wait till they all assemble
and quiet down completely before starting. They always seem to, it's a
little spooky. Because of this I often coach the Host to refrain from
calling them to order but rather, to just wait till they become silent.

Based on this conversation here about silence, next time I facilitate, I
plan to experiment with coaching the Host to wait just a little longer,
well past "the beginning" of that self-organized, collective silence...

--

Daniel Mezick, President

New Technology Solutions Inc.

(203) 915 7248 (cell)