[OSList] Zappos Being Zapped

Daniel Mezick via OSList oslist at lists.openspacetech.org
Sat Jul 18 18:51:46 PDT 2015

Greetings, Rosa, Harrison, All,

I think the Zappos story is one to watch. From an Open Space perspective.

It looks like Zappos will work to make the work environment absolutely
toxic to anyone who does not drink the "holacracy" KoolAid.

This might well translate into "replacing most if not all of the
workforce with people who agree to play the new game."

And it looks like it might actually pivot this way. Recently, CEO Tony
Hsieh says:

"....the transition could take up to five years."

Really? Is this code for: "...it might take five years to replace
everyone." ???

If this is in fact is what happens, we will be set back five years or
more, maybe 10, as other organizations execute on the "new normal" of
mandate, imposition, coercion and "push", followed by a rip-and-replace
of the workforce. Not a pretty picture.

If this "new normal" in fact becomes commonplace, you can count me out.
ALL the way out. I'll pivot into planting blueberries and/or potatoes,
at my undisclosed location in North Guilford, CT.

Let's hope that doesn't happen, because I'm not a very good farmer.

Daniel

On 7/18/15 5:13 PM, Harrison via OSList wrote:

> And there is more... *http://nyti.ms/1Jn1nwh *
> <http://p.nytimes.com/email/re?location=InCMR7g4BCKC2wiZPkcVUlDMaFOsPrCW&user_id=d0877bb1019932ce3160783833511913&email_type=eta&task_id=1437253675283388&regi_id=0> Zappo
> Zapppographifies... Love it. Agony and the Ecstasy! Talk about working
> too hard. Doing what’s already been done – poorly. Nice fellow, but
> mis-directed.
>
> ho
>
> Winter Address
>
> 7808 River Falls Drive
>
> Potomac, MD 20854
>
> 301-365-2093
>
> Summer Address
>
> 189 Beaucaire Ave.
>
> Camden, ME 04843
>
> 207-763-3261
>
> Websites
>
> www.openspaceworld.com <%20www.openspaceworld.com>
>
> www.ho-image.com
>
> OSLIST To subscribe, unsubscribe, change your options, view the
> archives of OSLIST Go

Daniel Mezick, President

New Technology Solutions Inc.

(203) 915 7248 (cell)