[OSList] Open Space wherever, however, whenever, with whomever as often as you can

Robyn Williams ► via OSList oslist at lists.openspacetech.org
Tue Dec 8 07:05:11 PST 2015

HO!

Warmest wishes to all, Robyn

From: OSList [mailto:oslist-bounces at lists.openspacetech.org] On Behalf Of Harrison Owen via OSList
Sent: Tuesday, 8 December 2015 8:49 PM
To: 'World wide Open Space Technology email list'
Subject: [OSList] Open Space wherever, however, whenever, with whomever as often as you can

“Donald Trump calls for ‘total’ ban on Muslims entering United States”

(Washington Post 12/8/15)

Donald Trump has said what some people here in the USA (and elsewhere in the world) have also been saying and feeling. These are the words of fear. Unfortunately they are also the words of a demagogue, seeking to play upon the fears of others. That there is danger is clear, but an infinitely greater danger is that we sacrifice our essential humanity to our fear. Sealing our borders, closing our doors and windows... we close our space. And while it may appear safer, that is an allusion. Life cannot be lived without space to live in. We are no exception.

Recently we have been celebrating the warmth and depth of this global community. It is a wonder. But the beauty of this community is not an inherent gift, I believe. Rather it is the reflection of what we do. Opening Space. Opening space is not magic. We did not invent it. It is not even complicated. At root level it is simply inviting people to be fully who and what they are, to greet each other and to enjoy the space. We can do it. We can invite others to do it. And now is the time.

Harrison

Winter Address

7808 River Falls Drive

Potomac, MD 20854