[OSList] Is Open Space Education Possible?

christopher macrae via OSList oslist at lists.openspacetech.org
Tue Dec 8 03:41:58 PST 2015

Dear Jeff
May i introduce amy/alizee  i think you may find she is a perfectionist with boundless energy and very concerned to try to learn how to live up to harrison's spirit and goals especially of what i call stage 2 the open space itself
i am very much more concerned with stage 1 - the invitation process- its not that I dont love stage 2 but I  am an introverted  maths guy and have zero skills as a mass  real-time  facilitator
right now the invitation challenge concerning me in usa is how to spread enough awareness among 7000 students in the poorest college in the CUNY  (public new york) system that they could be spending part of their time engaging academics in formats that are nearer open space than podium lectures and endless examinations;
 next months challenge will be planning 2016 exchanges between black and chinese youth as we are hopeful that amy has found a part of new york development agencies who want such a new york-china goodwill movement- fortunately her fiends at the vatican like maurizio want to triangularise this youth movement by including latin/franciscans who first introduced us to the Brooklyn college's leadership team
If you are ever in new york or dc, amy would do a much better job than me in showing you round this sort of open space education challenge but i would be game too if i can be of any use
Tomorrow our brooklyn college  leadership has dared itself to show michael moores new film (kindly lent to us by the only half good mass media studio in new york) to hundreds of students - it starts with the claim that the exponentially increased cost of college education since the 1970s has been part of a  most depressing way of controling black youth so that they have little role in developing anything  - we are hoping the audience will be in live tweet mode
after that heaven help us we may need all the facilitation skills we can outreach to
chris macrae dc 240 316 8157