[OSList] Inviting non-invitation

Harold Shinsato via OSList oslist at lists.openspacetech.org
Mon Aug 31 16:55:47 PDT 2015

Thanks, Harrison! Your insight about invitation (how forced "invites"
don't work in the long run) seems the same paradigm shift you have been
teaching us for years - as you wrote about in your beautiful post
yesterday: all systems are open and self-organizing.

It reminds me, and seems in the same spirit of another Paradigm Shifter
- the founder of Aikido Morihei Ueshiba. I recall someone paraphrasing
his teaching that the moment someone attempts to attack, or oppose,
they're already defeated. I dug up the following quotes.

"To attack means that the spirit has already lost. We adhere to the
principle of absolute nonresistance, that is to say, we do not oppose
the attacker. Thus, there is no opponent in Aikido."
- Morihei Ueshiba (from an interview - )

"The Art of Peace is the principle of nonresistance. Because it is
nonresistant, it is victorious from the beginning. Those with evil
intentions or contentious thoughts are instantly vanquished. The Art of
Peace is invincible because it contends with nothing."
     - Morihei Ueshiba (from his book, "The Art of Peace")

     Harold

--
Harold Shinsato
harold at shinsato.com <mailto:harold at shinsato.com>