[OSList] Euro-Agile Folk & OST-Experiments

Daniel Mezick via OSList oslist at lists.openspacetech.org
Mon Aug 17 11:54:04 PDT 2015

Hello All,

This is from my friend in France, PABLO PERNOT, a real, great, person.
He is a fine philosopher and a most excellent player of the banjo...(see
related video link below....)

Pablo was the first in Europe to use before/after Open Space, with
experimentation in the middle, using Open Space to frame an
enterprise-wide iteration of learning.....BEYOND Agile adoption. He used
it to introduce "other" non-Agile cultural change in an iterative
(www.OpenSpaceAgility.com) way .....

His work doing that, led to this: www.Prime-OS.com

A man of action is he.

Now he is planning, with colleague ALEXIS MONVILLE, to facilitating Open
Space at this public Agile-conference event:
....wait, whoops... is co-facilitation a form of OST blasphemy?
http://ale2015.alenetwork.eu/

I wonder if you find the planned experiments with OST (listed below)
interesting....

.....is this blasphemy...or bold innovation? Check the "White Hair"
experiment .....

Regards,
Daniel

Related video link (Pablo-plays-banjo), 2 mins....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apAzGSLi2UY

================
ALE15 - Open Space
Facilitation
Pablo Pernot
Alexis Monville
================

Why adding experiments to the classic open space ?

We need fresh adventures /in the land of open space. We tasted the
enterprise open space /
/and we value what it brings. We would like to try some experiments to
benefit from that /
/experience and try something a bit different. We feel that it is
important and possible /
/especially here because of the willingness to learn and to share of our
community.

=======================
//ALE 2015 Open Space Experiments
=======================
//\

==================
Speed learning//open space
==================
//Opener and energizer 5mn:

//●//we form a large cycle standing up (no chairs in the room)/
/●//2mn//
//ask every people that already know open space to raise /
/their hand.

////    ask people that doesn’t know openspace to pick someone/
/with a raised hand

//●//the person who knows has 2 mn to explain open space to his /
/partner (posters on the walls will display the way it works as a /
/reminder)/
/●//1mn : we go back to the large circle/
/●//2mn : another 2mn of Q&A but you need to pick someone /
/different. /
/
/
//==============
/Babel tower
==============
//Every topic proposed for the market place has to be made:

//1.//with our mothertongue

//2.//and in english

//ps: for people with english as mother tongue they can, or not, repeat or /
/rephrase, or use their mother tongue accent / pronunciation at first /
/why: to hear all the diversity and richness of ALE people. to liberate
the /
/non-verbal communication, to allow a different attitude (discover people /
/when they are at ease to speak, not when they are struggling to find their/
/words).

==============
//Topic/Theme
==============
//Adding a topic or a theme : every session should be related to this /
/theme. The idea is to gather the outcome and consolidate a booklet that /
/will help ale community to learn and share their learnings. /
/
We propose the theme to be : /
/
"What are the key changes in our culture and business?"

//We should give people the theme one week at least before the /
/event, so they can think about it. Or be aware during the sessions./
/Why: a part of the power of open space, when we use it in enterprises, is/
/coming from the common purpose of the people involved/
/

====================================
Global //restitution (report out) at //the end of //every session
====================================
//Every session is one hour : split in two parts : 40mn brainstorming, 20mn/
/global restitution : every group has //1mn//to restitute their
conversation. /
/

==================================
“key change //pitch”/
/Quick //normalization //of the outcome//of every //session
==================================
//Each group will use one flipboard paper sheet to present their topic./
/
The guidelines proposed for the global restitution and for the booklet are:

/ /●//140 characters to pitch of the “key change” (one line)

/ ///why/how this “key change” happened // what’s the value //of the
“key change”/
/
This could/would/should of course evolve.

============================
//PDF/Blog //consolidation
============================

//Every outcome (“key change pitch”) is consolidated in a booklet and/or a/
/blog every day and is public (is it possible to use ale15 blog and to
have /
/some support to do that?)

===================
//Visualisation
===================
//As usual, visual helpers are provided, especially one explaining these /
/experiments./
/

============
Message
============
//These experiments could evolve during the 3 days.

============
//White hair
============
//only white hair people can facilitate the open space/
/-/
/twitter account ? blog ale2015 ? hashtag ? //#//ale15/
<https://twitter.com/search?q=%23ale15>/ ? //#//alenetwork/
<https://twitter.com/search?q=%23alenetwork>/ ? /

--

Daniel Mezick, President