[OSList] This year's WOSonOS, future years' WOSonOSs

Lisa Heft - via OSList oslist at lists.openspacetech.org
Tue Aug 11 16:49:15 PDT 2015

Hello, dear colleagues -
We are meeting to share and to learn in many different ways - in person, in this listserv conversation, in video, phone and online events and groups, at local, regional conferences, forums and coffee conversations, in our heads, and more.

At next month’s WOSonOS in Poland there will be at least two teams I know of who will invite the world to come to their country for next year. And the year after that. We share this event around the world so in different years, different countries that have strong OST communities of practice can welcome us to visit them. Sharing this event around the world allows some people to get to it easier one year, others to get to it easier another year, and so on. And we are getting better and better each year at including everyone who cannot make it in-person.

If you and your own country team are thinking of hosting a future year’s WOSonOS, please do contact me directly at lisaheft at openingspace.net to let me know.
In collecting this information I can help each year’s Host Team - such as informing the Poland Host Team how many inviting teams there will be and how much time they will need to make their invitations as part of this year’s WOSonOS process design and schedule.

You do not have to physically attend a WOSonOS in order to invite - we who are there can represent you as has been done several times in the past. I can help you figure out how this might work.

I can also help your potential Host Team with a rich collection of wisdom and lessons-learned from past Host Teams who have been contributing their reflections and recommendations across almost all the WOSonOSs since 2001. In this way you can meet with your team and share this Wisdom From Past Host Teams to see what others have done, then decide if it works for you in the same ways, or in different ways, for an upcoming year, or for some years from now after you grow your community of practice.

Do contact me directly if you would like this information for your potential WOSonOS Host Team: lisaheft at openingspace.net

I will see some of you in Poland at the Open Space Learning Workshop on 8-9-10 September and at the WOSonOS on 10-11-12-13 September… (information about both here)
… and I will see all of you in all sorts of places all the time ...

Lisa
(also known as Access Queen, doing different things with each year’s Host Team and attendees to help people be able to get to future WOSonOSs and to access and share learning about Open Space)

Lisa Heft
Consultant, Facilitator, Educator
Opening Space