[OSList] Tool for virtual marketplace?

Ben Roberts via OSList oslist at lists.openspacetech.org
Mon Sep 29 14:47:07 PDT 2014

I’ve simply used Google docs or a similar platform—“hackpad-- that I like a bit better for creating a series of linked pages very quickly. These can be simultaneously edited by a group of people, and changes show up immediately without the need to refresh one’s screen. The downside is that they are basically “blank pages,” so you must create structure within them, and rely on participants to follow directions (or post things for them).

As it happens, I’m hosting a virtual open space (or perhaps more accurately, “open space-inspired”) conversation tomorrow morning at 11am US Eastern using hackpad and conference calling. It’s for organizational partners of the Charter for Compassion International. Since it’s only a 90 minute call, I’ve opened the marketplace in advance. We have the option of allowing more topics to be initiated on the fly as well, and I’ll make that call by taking the pulse of the group when the time comes. You can see the online space here <http://www.bit.ly/cfc093014>  (and there is also a link there to register for the call, if you want to join us). People calling from overseas might want to try this free VOIP tool <http://maestroconference.zendesk.com/entries/23434887-MC-Dialer> , which works well with the MaestroConference platform we are using for the call.

Peace,

Ben

Ben Roberts

The Conversation Collaborative