[OSList] largest ost?

Lisa Heft - lisaheft at openingspace.net
Tue Sep 23 13:59:06 PDT 2014

Hi, Raffi, hi, friends, and a deep bow to you, Harold for your amazing work behind the scenes to help the mechanics of this list support incredible communication and sharing.

Mark Matlock and I did several face-to-face OS events in Los Angeles, Cincinnati and Atlanta, USA - the largest of which was, if I recall correctly, 3500.
I have done quite a number of them at the 2400+ level. Peggy - I forget what your largest may have been? Michael P - was it 2108? Christine Whitney Sanchez - your largest? I name these folks because I am trying to recall who are my OSLIST colleagues who have done this sort of large-group OS…

One thing I learned quite a bit from was the collective work done by Christine Whitney Sanchez, Gabriel Shirley and other amazing folks at the 51st Girl Scout Congress - how to weave dialogue (of various forms - different processes with different groups / amounts of people for different specific reasons) into an 11,000 person event. I was *so* honored to be on that team, doing among other things an Open Space meeting of I think it may have been 780 people. Verbal dialogue, internal dialogue… Open Space, World Cafe, story looms...lovely stuff. Such rich learning, in the pre-work, in the conference, and upon reflection…

I don’t know how many people Kai Degner (then the mayor of Harrisonburg - yes - Harrison…burg... Virginia… ) had participating in his city-wide OS forums…

Lisa