[OSList] Open Agile Adoption: wait, it gets better

Suzanne Daigle via OSList oslist at lists.openspacetech.org
Wed Oct 29 16:20:16 PDT 2014

Dan,

No questions on "what the heck" you are doing just unabashed kudos on these
very compelling videos. A great gift!  Why was I so hooked?  Because of the
seriousness of the discussions, the level of detail shared which
demonstrates unequivocally the value and impact of Open Space to the work
at hand. I also appreciated the comments around the difficulties of
adjusting to the level of autonomy and freedom that is such a contrast to
how organizations traditionally operate. You opened the space beautifully
in the interviews which made it very safe for the interviewees to share so
honestly and openly.

These videos also make the point in ways that words and assertions may not
do as well, that introducing Agile in an Agile Open way is far better than
mandating it.  The same would apply to all change management approaches
outside of Scrum and Agile.  I was also so pleased to hear how what Agile
was doing was also being felt by other areas (engineering I think is what
one of the interviewees quoted).  I guess it is time for me to say: glad
you've stuck to your guns. You were right which I never doubted though you
also know how passionate I am introducing Open Space to other parts of the
organization. Your work will indeed pave the way. Bravo!

Giving you full credit, do I have your permission to share these with
clients?  I look forward to seeing the other videos.

Thanks again Dan.  So very very cool!

On Wed, Oct 29, 2014 at 5:18 PM, Daniel Mezick via OSList <

>  Here are two short videos of people telling the tale of Open Agile
> Adoption in their own words.
>
> The Open Agile Adoption process (http://www.OpenAgileAdoption.com) begins
> and ends in Open Space. In between, people *play*...er, I mean
> *experiment*...with Agile practices. For 3 or 4 months.
>
> They are free.
>
> However, the game does have one small constraint: the Agile Manifesto. So
> long as what they are doing does not obviously conflict with the Agile
> Manifesto principles, they are absolutely free to try absolutely any new
> practice they want to try, in service to continuous improvement.
>

> Video #1: Length 13 minutes.
> A UX/Experience Design pro explains his skepticism and ultimate shift...
> powered by Open Space.
> https://twitter.com/DanielMezick/status/527506795968069632
>
> Video #2: Length 15 minutes.
> A Product person explains what he thinks and feels before and after the
> Open Agile Adoption process.
> https://twitter.com/DanielMezick/status/527566037211176960
>
> Dozens more videos are on the way.
>
> I hope you find these 2 initial narratives interesting, and I welcome your
> questions about what the heck I am doing.
>
> Regards,
> Daniel
>
> New to the Manifesto? Here it is:
> http://agilemanifesto.org/principles.html