[OSList] Divergence and action planning at the same time?

Lisa Heft - via OSList oslist at lists.openspacetech.org
Thu Oct 23 15:48:34 PDT 2014

Yes, you could do it this way. And say ‘if you don’t have an action or next steps these people who do can use your creative thinking’. Or you could have your notes-taker form say something inclusive of 'ideas, discussions, and if appropriate, actions or projects' … that sort of languaging. And people use the time across the 6 hours for anything at all that they feel inspired to do. Yes? It might also depend on whether the majority of people would tend to agree that everyone must actually end the meeting with action and concrete plans - perhaps for something that is happening next in the arc of actions and meetings and projects across time that this one meeting fits into. It’s also possible that you might say ‘if you want to use this time to do x, it’s up to you’. Right?

What does your conversation with the hosts / convenors say about all these reasons / objectives / desired outcomes and possibilities?

…and I look forward to hearing even more ideas of what it could or might be like…

Lisa