[OSList] The OST Invite: seeking creative solutions with less than 4 weeks

Michael Herman via OSList oslist at lists.openspacetech.org
Thu Oct 9 15:41:09 PDT 2014

I think four or six or any weeks notice is totally arbitrary, Daniel. All
depends on invitees and how they think about their calendars and their
commitment to the group/issue that is gathering. We announce osonos a year
in advance. Other meetings happen with almost no notice.

I have never suggested in any invitation that anyone visit
openspaceworld.org. They need to focus on the pirpose of the meeting. I
almost always include a few/some sentences about the process, to help
people prepare themselves, but I try to never even say "open space tech".

If you want info out sooner, just leak little bits of what you know, via
email posters or handbills. Then the full invite can tie that all together.

In the end, at least some of the right folks will show up and whatever it
is will at least be started. Everyone who comes can help invite to a next
round.

I say all this very generally, but I have many questions about size,
sponsors, purpose, and more. Some details in these areas might spark
additional thoughts.

Michael

On Thursday, October 9, 2014, Daniel Mezick via OSList <

Michael Herman
Michael Herman Associates
312-280-7838 (mobile)

http://MichaelHerman.com