[OSList] The OST Invite: seeking creative solutions with less than 4 weeks

Daniel Mezick via OSList oslist at lists.openspacetech.org
Thu Oct 9 15:00:43 PDT 2014

I am asking for help. Will you help me figure out if the following is
effective?

Background:

I have a OST client who wants to get the OST Invite out there with just
27 calendar days to go...on a Friday! There are not many (if any) ways
for the Sponsor to send it sooner...

Ouch. I'm not fond of this idea.

I explained that 6 weeks was best and 4 was really pushing it, at the
start of the conversation about doing the OST event.

Today I offered these "creative" suggestions (ugly hacks?) to patch this
less-than-30-days situation:

<SUGGESTIONS>

I also suggest that we get the handbills out there, in the public areas,
and put this link on it:
http://www.openspaceworld.org/

I suggest we also send out a pre-Invitation 'save the date' email with
just a little info and a link, and get those handbills out there, these
actions will get it out there into the ecosystem and allow us to make
use of the full 4 weeks.

....these ideas, and any other ideas you have for talking it up and
getting it out there are probably good ideas now. Before we act let's
chat tomorrow about this OK?

</SUGGESTIONS>

I am asking for help.

Do these 2 non-standard ideas work OK in your view?

Or am I making a mockery of the OST process by doing this? Are these
"ugly hacks?"

Is this OST heresy, or a good-enough idea?

I welcome your replies!

Sincerely,
Daniel

--