[OSList] Fwd: rest of the world catching up with Open Space...

Harrison Owen via OSList oslist at lists.openspacetech.org
Tue Nov 4 07:23:37 PST 2014

Ran into this website somehow. I’m not sure who or what Sys-Tao might be, but it sounded interesting and familiar... http://sys-tao.org/dancing-shiva-sandy-katrina-harrison-owen-tedxnavesink

Harrison

Winter Address

7808 River Falls Drive

Potomac, MD 20854

301-365-2093

Summer Address

189 Beaucaire Ave.

Camden, ME 04843

207-763-3261

Websites

www.openspaceworld.com

www.ho-image.com

From: OSList [mailto:oslist-bounces at lists.openspacetech.org] On Behalf Of Rosa Zubizarreta via OSList
Sent: Monday, November 03, 2014 10:07 AM
To: World wide Open Space Technology email list
Subject: [OSList] Fwd: rest of the world catching up with Open Space...

(re-sending as I sent this previously from a different e-mail address, and it didn't go through...)

Hi all,

the following article has been making quite a stir...
I first saw it over on a Linked In discussion group.

http://www.mckinsey.com/insights/organization/build_a_change_platform_not_a_change_program

>From my perspective, OST in general (and Open Agile Adoption in particular)
are great examples of what the authors are talking about  --

Here's a quote from the article:

"What’s needed is a real-time, socially constructed approach to change, so that the leader’s job isn’t to design a change program but to build a change platform—one that allows anyone to initiate change, recruit confederates, suggest solutions, and launch experiments."

Of course, we might decry the authors not being aware of OST already and for not mentioning it in the article...
or diss the article for being published on mckinsey (belly of the beast), and for making a big deal of 'everything we already know'..

and/or, we might see this is an amazing opportunity for making new friends... :-)  :-)  :-)

in any case, enjoy!

with all best wishes,

Rosa

Rosa Zubizarreta

Diapraxis: Facilitating Creative Collaboration
http://www.diapraxis.com