[OSList] Trailblazing Open Space Event in Minneapolis ­ June 10th and 11th

Sharon Joy Kleitsch kleitsch at verizon.net
Thu May 1 14:43:43 PDT 2014

This looks fantastic!

What a dynamic invitation. Looks like a valuable weekend.

Have fun this evening.

Sharon Joy Kleitsch
The Connection Partners, Inc
    -  linking people, resources and ideas
St Petersburg FL 33701
Kleitsch at verizon.net
727-550-9660

From:  Suzanne Daigle <sdaigle4 at gmail.com>
Date:  Thursday, May 1, 2014 at 1:15 PM
To:  OSLIST <OSList at lists.openspacetech.org>
Cc:  Josh Allan Dykstra <josh at joshallan.com>
Subject:  [OSList] Trailblazing Open Space Event in Minneapolis ­ June 10th
and 11th

Hey everyone! We'd love your help and input!

We're a  diverse team of people coming together to make a difference in the
workplace! A giant leap and a deep conviction that it¹s time for OS to
spread far and wide in the workplace...NOW!  Considering all the time we
spend at work, at the very least we should be having more fun!
As Linda Stevenson, on our planning team, describes it, everything in the
world of work today screams a need for Open Space.

This urgency is at the heart of our event. A two-day Open Space with a brief
keynote to kick it off by Josh Allan Dykstra who wrote Igniting the
Invisible Tribe, Designing an Organization That Doesn¹t Suck.  His book
makes the case for WHY organizations need to be more connected, human, and
meaningful, and we know that Open Space is the HOW to make this happen.
Our goal is to attract diverse individuals and teams from progressive
companies and from other learning organizations ­ people, across the ranks
in different functions and roles, who know that we  cannot continue to
operate with the command-control, predictability-control, hierarchical
models that are still so prevalent in the world today.  Self-organizing,
self-management, shared leadership are waiting to happen ­ making invisible
tribes more visible as they engage in powerful and surprising
collaborations.
We launched our invitation a few weeks ago. We¹re reaching out to everyone
we know who is passionate about this including all of you!  Your thoughts
and insights most appreciated...

EventbriteInvite:
 <https://www.eventbrite.com/e/inventing-the-future-we-would-love-to-work-in
-now-tickets-11251669045>
PDF detailed invitation:
http://joshallan.com/downloads/Engagement-In-Action-Invitation_Josh-Allan-Dy
kstra.pdf
 <http://joshallan.com/downloads/Engagement-In-Action-Invitation_Josh-Allan-
Dykstra.pdf>
We would love you to join us and we would greatly appreciate it if you
reached out to clients and colleagues. Lots of take away learning for
participants not the least of which experiencing open space and people
hearing and learning from each other¹s success stories and struggles.

Other folks on our team:

Kevin O¹Brien who was with W.L. Gore. Gore is best known as the developer of
waterproof, breathable Gore-Tex. Founded in 1958, they are a hugely
successful company involved in a host of other specialized products. Kevin
was a chemical engineer at Gore for 7 years. Gore¹s is a culture that lives
and breathes the self-organizing principles of open space.

Derek Wade, a collaboration expert and team coach versed in Agile, Scrum and
a host of leadership processes was part of an Open Space group in Arizona
who saw the possibilities of  applying ³Scrum beyond Software² to the wider
world of work.

This is our maiden voyage workplace event!  We passionately believe in this.
We are talking to a lot of people and the conversations have been fantastic.
Thank you for helping us spread the word, and please come join us!

On a very personal note Five years ago at age 55, I discovered Open Space.
It rocked my world! I immediately recognized its full-throttle power to
rapidly engage people across the ranks in our organizations.  It was the
best ³one less thing to do² approach I had ever experienced. I ran towards
it, holding nothing back and I haven¹t stopped since.  Today is my 60th
birthday and I am feeling vibrantly alive in large part due to Open Space
and the purpose-filled mission it has given me in my career and my life.
Working on projects like the one above with commitment and urgency, with the
most wonderful people, is totally awesome.  Yesterday an early birthday gift
when Switch and Shift, the 2nd most socially-shared top 100 blog list on
leadership, featured something I wrote on Open Space. The positive tweets
are reverberating in my soul.  It's time to Open Space in the Workplace
<http://switchandshift.com/its-time-to-open-space-in-the-workplace> !

So I end this OS list note to say ³I love this community and so many people
in it²! Better to share that now than later when I can¹t say it virtually
like this, up close and personal.  Because Open Space does indeed put us in
touch with those big things like Birth, Life and Death!

Thank you Harrison and so many others on whose shoulders I (and we) have the
privilege to stand on.   And yes, by all means please help us bust the doors
open, by inviting people you know to our trailblazing event in Minneapolis.
We see this as the first of many opportunities to open special new spaces in
many workplaces everywhere!
Suzanne
--
Suzanne Daigle
Open Space Facilitator

FL 941-359-8877 <tel:941-359-8877> 941-359-8877 <tel:941-359-8877>
Cell: 203-722-2009 <tel:203-722-2009> 203-722-2009 <tel:203-722-2009>
www.nufocusgroup.com <http://www.nufocusgroup.com>
s.daigle at nufocusgroup.com
twitter @Daiglesuz
Call