[OSList] My first OS as a facilitator

Harrison Owen hhowen at verizon.net
Fri Mar 21 05:39:54 PDT 2014

Major suggestion: Take a deep breath (several are better) and enjoy the
ride. And I agree with Eiwor, Facilitating as the CEO is always interesting.
The trick is to truly and honestly open the space, which means that you need
to get out of the way (Totally present and absolutely invisible). For
example, when folks go to the wall to sign up for their sessions, that would
be time for you to walk out of the room. No fan fare, no words of
explanation. Just go. Take a good walk. I usually take a nap. And come back
perhaps an hour later. That simple act will make clear, as nothing else can
that the space is open. That the people are in charge. Most of all have fun!

Harrison

Harrison Owen
7808 River Falls Dr.
Potomac, MD 20854
USA

189 Beaucaire Ave. (summer)
Camden, Maine 04843

Phone 301-365-2093
(summer)  207-763-3261

www.openspaceworld.com
www.ho-image.com (Personal Website)
To subscribe, unsubscribe, change your options, view the archives of OSLIST
Go to:http://lists.openspacetech.org/listinfo.cgi/oslist-openspacetech.org