[OSList] Wonderful video of two journalists running a short Open Space

Jeff Aitken r.jeff.aitken at gmail.com
Mon Jun 9 12:01:53 PDT 2014

Great to see this! What courage for two OS newbies to jump in like that.

I'm curious about other experiences of hosting conversations about
diversity using Open Space.

I co-facilitated a daylong OS for the faculty at a graduate school,
sponsored by the Faculty Diversity Committee, and it was a very useful
day of conversations and reflections.

I have also seen trained diversity facilitators convene sessions in OS
where important and powerful conversations are beautifully held, in
part because of their training in doing so.

There is a question whether OS is the right container when, for
example, people can use the law of mobility to avoid conversations
which might trouble their worldview. Or when, for example, the only
people who convene conversations about sexism in the workplace are
women. (Extend the example to racism, homophobia, etc.)

What's your experience? Any ideas about theme or invitation or
resources (like the posters) to help enhance the learning and
transformation that's possible?

Jeff
San Francisco